ZG Forums

Introducing some dragon fruit varieties

Red H14

Red H14 dragon fruit is a hybrid variety between the Vietnam White and a red variety from Colombia. This variety adapts well to areas with lots of sunlight from 15-35C. With more sunlight, the sugar content in the fruits will increase. Its fruits have red skin, red flesh and taste juicy & sweet.

Purple Pink LD5

The LD5 variety is a cross between Long Dinh Red (as the mother) and Cho Gao White (as the father). The branch grows quite strongly. LD5 may throw out its first flowers 8-9 months after planting. The average fruit weighs about 300-380 grams with a BRIX sweetness score from 15-18%. The yield can be from 2-10 kg per post.

Taiwan Red

Taiwan Red produces quite a lot of fruits. The inside of the fruits has a more purple-red color. Its sweetness is about 16-18% with good nutritional value rich in vitamins and minerals. Taiwan Red is a favorite choice as rootstocks for dragon fruit grafters. Because their branches grow strongly with a good root system that can withstand diseases from the soil.

Malay Purple

Malay Purple makes it way into acidic, barren soil farms because of its high adaptability & resistance to diseases. The growing period of the Malay Purple is long, meaning, you can expect continued fruit production for a longer time span. From the initial 1600 starter branches, after a year, a farmer was able to harvest 6 tons of fruits from this variety. Its fruits have an attractive look with a purple color on the inside. To some people, this tastes more flavorful than the white variety.

Hello!!

Is there a difference in the fertilization method between one variety of dragon fruit and another? I have searched for that information on the internet and could not find the answer.

Both in this article on his blog https://zenyrgarden.com/best-fertilizer-for-dragon-fruit/, and in this other post about dragon fruit from a website specialized in fertilization, they do not talk about any difference between varieties.

I hope they know how to help me. Greetings!

From what I’ve asked around, there’s not much of a difference in the fertilization method. They fertilize different varieties the same way be it red flesh or white flesh. Regarding watering, the Ecuador Palora gets watered twice a week while the other varieties once a week.